Friday, March 9, 2012

A short lived excitement

The past week has gone pretty well.  As I said in my last post, we spent the money to get the hubs Chantix.  He's been on it for a little over a week now and so far, so good.  It's still a little early to say 100% but, for now, it seems to be doing the trick.

So, I've been feeling pretty good.  We've been coming up with a game plan for the money that would normally buy cigarettes and I was getting really excited to put that plan into place this upcoming week on payday.

Unfortunately, it looks like our plan is on hold until next payday.

On the way to work last week, the hubs had to take a detour due to an accident that shut down part of the highway.  Apparently, he missed the sign alerting drivers of the reduced speed limit and there just happened to be a cop sitting on the side of the road.

After all is said and done, $122 will be going to our county courthouse.

While it's definitely not my favorite way to spend a 100 bucks, there is a lesson to be learned I guess.
When traveling a new road, keep a careful eye on ALL road signs.  A mistake can cost you a bundle.

1 comment: