Sunday, February 19, 2012

The First Step

"Credit buying is much like being drunk.  The buzz happens immediately, and it gives you a lift.  The hangover comes the day after."
Dr. Joyce Brothers

 Truer words have never been spoken, in my opinion anyway.

That buzzed, floating on air feeling that comes with your first credit card, your new car...I know this feeling all too well.

Unfortunately, the hangover period that follows swiping that pretty little plastic card is a little too familiar as well.

So here we are.  Tired of feeling indefinitely hungover, we're taking the first step on the long journey to a debt free life.  

We've got a long way to go and the path to sobriety is never an easy one to travel, but I am about as stubborn as they come and I am determined to rid our family of this burden.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, our numbers are about the same. And equally scary...lol! I wish you the best of luck on your journey. You can definitely do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know it will be hard but I'm so looking forward to the day we can say that we are completely debt free!

      Delete