Wednesday, February 22, 2012

This is driving me nuts!!

Since starting our debt reduction journey last month, I have become a little obsessive about checking our bank and other account balances.  I love the convenience of being able to log on at any time of day and see exactly where our debt stands.  This has been working perfectly for me...

...until today.

When we first purchased our home we knew that Bank #1 would be who would actually hold our mortgage.  The only problem came when they were short on loan officers and ended up passing off the closing portion of our mortgage to a loan officer at Bank #2.  Make sense?

In the end it would still work out that our mortgage would be through Bank #1 as they would purchase it from Bank #2.  Well that time has come, and I am stuck in limbo.

I recently made our mortgage payment and signed onto Bank #2's site this morning to see if the account was credited correctly, I check with every payment I make just to be sure, and was a little surprised when the computer screen told me the account was closed and all previous mortgage payments had been transferred to Bank #1.

So here is my issue...Bank #2 does not show the most recent mortgage payment because according to them the account was closed yesterday.  I cannot log onto Bank #1's site yet because I do not have a loan number for their bank yet.  Who has my mortgage payment?  Bank #2 closed the account yesterday but that is where the payment was sent, we don't have an account number with Bank #1 because they don't have all the paperwork completed yet.

I just want to know where my last mortgage payment is!?!

Hopefully this is all figured out soon because it's driving me insane!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!?! Are you completely freaking out cause this would be a big deal to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!! I've already spoken with both banks and Bank #2 says when they receive the payment they will forward it to Bank #1. Bank #1 says that they do not have the necessary paperwork completed yet but when they do we will receive notification in the mail! I just want to know where my payment is and that it is properly credited...I don't think that is too much to ask.

      Delete