Monday, February 27, 2012

Got little ones? Save cash on clothes!

Remember when your kids were little?  When you were first expecting?  The idea of picking out all of those cute baby clothes, all of those adorable little outfits.  It's definitely an exciting time....

for a little while anyway.  

I don't know about you but I have a very hard time spending a ton of money on kids clothes.  Obviously I don't want the little one to be running around with nothing but a diaper on, but the idea of spending a ton of money on clothing that will only fit him for a month or two just makes my stomach hurt.

So when the temperature started inching toward 80 degrees last week and the only warm weather clothes hanging in little man's closet were 0-3 months and he's pushing 11 months, I was less than thrilled.

Fortunately, I may have found the one thing that could revive my short-lived love of shopping for kids clothes.  Consignment sales!!  I didn't realize just how many consignment sales there are each year.  In fact, I learned this weekend that most places usually host two sales a year, one in the early spring for summer clothes and the second in early fall for winter clothes.

I was able to pick up close to 20 different summer outfits for the little guy for what I thought would be around $30, turns out I showed up on the right day because the sale was coming to an end and almost everything was 50% off the already extremely low prices.  Not to mention the fact that quite a few of them still had the tags on them.  Brand new clothes for a dollar or two, yes please!  Let someone else pay full price for something their kid will only wear a handful of times.  I'm officially a consignment sale junkie!

If you're in the market for some new clothes for the kiddos and don't want to spend a fortune, definitely check out this site for a national listing of kids consignment sales by state:

2 comments:

  1. Wow! $30 for a bag full of clothes is awesome!! I try to buy 2nd hand clothes too...makes your $$ go MUCH farther!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! I just have such a hard time paying full price for baby clothes when he will be too big for them in a month or two.

      Delete