Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What's for Dinner?

This question seems to cause me more grief than any other aspect of my daily routine.

With the hubby's crazy work hours, the little one's sporadic napping schedule, the ringing phone, the dog whining to go outside, etc., dinner, more often than I'd like to admit, comes from a drive-thru window.

This is doing absolutely nothing for our debt reduction efforts, not to mention our health.

So in an effort to return to healthier eating habits and siphon more of our money into debt payoff, we are making it our goal to eat out no more than 1 to 2 times a month.  In theory, it shouldn't be too hard.  I love to cook, I love to bake...I just need to make the time to do it.

Today I took the first step and made my very first weekly menu.

Since it is only day one with menu planning I'm not sure what to expect but it feels really good to know that at 2:00 in the afternoon, I already know what's for dinner.

This week's menu:

Spaghetti
Garlic Bread
Salad

Mushroom Pork Chops
Mashed Potatoes
Vegetables

Tacos

Chicken Alfredo Pizza

Leftovers

Baked Cheesy Chicken Penne
French Bread
Salad

2 comments:

  1. I hate to cook (but I like to bake) so dinner is a hard one to get me motivated to start. Planning a weekly menu is the only way I have managed to cut back on the fast food dinners. And your dinners listed look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Menu planning saves me so much time (and money). Mondays I look through blogs for their menu plans to get new ideas. Pork chops sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete