Thursday, February 23, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Spring

The weather around these parts today is gorgeous.  Sunny, 75 degrees, breezy and just plain beautiful.  I've spent the better part of the morning with the windows wide open getting a head start on my spring cleaning, which is a little odd because, well, it's February.

In fact, I can picture it now and I think the conversation between the powers that be has gone a little something like this over the past few months.

December 18,2011

Dear Mother Nature,   
                                                          
With just a week left until Christmas, I've noticed
that it has been unseasonably warm this year.  I thought
we talked about this.  I have one night a year, I don't think a
little snow is too much to ask.

Sincerely,
Santa
........................................

December 26, 2011

Mother Nature,

Alright, well I guess it goes without saying how last night
went.  Hopefully next year we can come to a mutual understanding
of what Christmas should look like.

Santa
.......................................

January 1, 2012

Santa,

Sorry big guy.  I guess I just got a little tired of doing the
same old thing year after year.  I know it's unconventional
but just try to enjoy it.  Take the Mrs. on a cruise!

Mother Nature

......................................

January 10, 2012

Dear Mother Nature,

He took your advice!  Thanks.

Love,
Mrs. Clause
......................................

February 23, 2012

Dear Mother Nature,

It has come to my attention that you have decided to "change things up"
this year.  Your advice sent Santa and the Mrs. on a cruise to the
Caribbean which, in turn, put them behind schedule for next
Christmas.  The elves and the reindeer are really confused and the
Easter Bunny is worried that at this rate tornadoes will interfere
with the festivities he has planned.  My phone is ringing off the hook
with concerned citizens making sure I did not, in fact, speed up the clock.
I realize that what's done is done but I would appreciate it if we could
just put all of this behind us and return to our normal yearly patterns.

Thank you for your cooperation,
Father Time
.......................................

<ERROR>
Message could not be delivered.  Mother Nature is out enjoying an early Spring.

Try to take some time off from worrying about the finances today and head out and enjoy the beautiful weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment